We will review this policy regularly, and we may update it from time to time.
The types of personal information we collect and hold
We collect personal information about our users in order provide better products, services, and customer support. Our products, services, and customer support are provided through many platforms including but not limited to: websites, email, and telephone. The specific platform and product, service, or support you interact with may affect the personal data we collect.
How we collect personal information
Information that you specifically give us
While you use our products and services you may be asked to provide certain types of personal information. This might happen through our website, telephone, direct mail, faxed forms, or in-person meetings. We will explain how we will use the personal information we are asking for. This notice may be written or verbal.
We may request, collect, or process the following information:
- Account Details – username and password, necessary for you to have an account with us.
- Contact Details – email address, phone number, necessary for us to contact you about your order.
- Location Details – physical address, billing address, timezone, necessary for sending your order via the appropriate shipper.
- Identity Details – full name, proof of identity (e.g. drivers license), proof of address if required by payment processor, necessary for processing of your payment.
- Financial Information – credit card details, ACH transfer details or Paypal payment processor details required by the financial institution.
Information that we collect from others
Additionally, your payment provider may transmit information about the payment that we may collect or process.
The personal information that is collected does not exceed the personal information that you as the user of these other sites, has shared or made public.
We may collect or process the following information:
- Basic Details – username, profile picture.
- Contact Details – email address, phone number.
- Location Details – Physical Address, billing address, timezone.
- Financial Information – payment account details (e.g. paypal email address and physical address), and wire transfer details.
Information we collect as you use our service
We maintain records of the interactions we have with our users, including the products, services and customer support we have provided. This includes the interactions our users have with our platform such as when a user has viewed a page or clicked a button.
When we are contacted we may collect personal information that is intrinsic to the communication. For example, if we are contacted via email, we will collect the email address used.
Through our Facebook or Google Ads and Analytics- We may collect or process the following information:
- Metadata – IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, timezone, etc.
- Device Information – device identifier, device type, device plugins, hardware capabilities, etc.
- Location – GPS position.
- Actions – pages viewed, buttons clicked, time spent viewing, search keywords, etc.
How we protect your data
We have measures in place to protect user data. This includes NOT storing your credit card information without your written consent. Should you wish to have us keep your credit card on file, we REQUIRE that you fill out, sign and fax in a CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM (form here.) When ordering from our site our woocommerce platform encrypts your data for secure transfer. For sign in to your account, a security measure of two factor authentication is in place.
Links to other sites
How we use personal information
The information we request, collect, and process is primarily used to provide users with the product or service they have requested. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the service or product you have requested;
- to answer inquiries about our services, or to respond to a complaint;
- to promote our other products which may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out from such communications);
- to conduct data analysis, research and otherwise build and improve our product lines;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent, unless you withdraw your consent for these purposes.
The ‘lawful processing’ grounds on which we will use personal information about our users are (but are not limited to):
- when a user has given consent;
- when necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is party;
- processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of our users or of another natural person.
- processing is done in pursuing our legitimate interests, where these interests do not infringe on the rights of our users.
When we disclose personal information
Our third party service providers
The personal information of users may be held or processed on our behalf by our third party service providers. Our third party service providers are bound by contract to only use your personal information on our behalf, under our instructions.
Our third party service providers include:
- Payment and banking providers
- Marketing and analytics providers
- Security providers
Third party applications
Other disclosures and transfers
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- if necessary to provide the service or product you have requested such as processing your order;
- we receive court orders, subpoenas or other requests for information by law enforcement;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You have the right to request access to the personal information Vogue Beauty holds about you. Unless an exception applies, we must allow you to see the personal information we hold about you, within a reasonable time period, and without unreasonable expense for no charge. Most personal information can be accessed by logging into your account. If you wish to access information that is not accessible through the platform, please contact our Privacy Officer.
You also have the right to request the correction of the personal information we hold about you. All your personal information can be updated through the user settings pages. If you require assistance please contact our customer support.
Exercising your other rights
You have the right to:
- opt-out of direct marketing via our newsletter, Facebook , LinkedIn or other social network pages.
- Restrict or remove the request for automatic processing of your data for financial transactions.
Direct marketing and profiling – users can control what emails they receive by unsubscribing from the newsletter or not following the page on Facebook or LinkedIn or any other social network sites we may operate in the future.
Erasure – Most personal information and user generated content cannot be deleted as they are used to support contracts between users, document financial transactions, and are used in providing protecting other legitimate users of the marketplace. In the case of non-personal data that can be linked with personal data, it will either be erased or otherwise made anonymous from the personal data.
Restriction to processing – under certain circumstances you may exercise this right, in particular if you believe that the personal data we have is not accurate, or you believe that we do not have legitimate grounds for processing your information. In either case you may exercise this right by contacting our privacy officer.
Unless stated above, users may exercise any of the above rights by contacting our Privacy Officer.
To contact our Privacy Officer
If you have an inquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
email@example.com attn: Privacy Officer
Attn: Privacy Officer
17826 83rd Street Ct KPS
Longbranch, WA 98351
For the purposes of the GDPR, our Privacy Officer is also our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
While we endeavor to resolve complaints quickly and informally, if you wish to proceed to a formal privacy complaint, we request that you make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer, by mail or email as above. We will acknowledge your formal complaint within 10 working days of receipt.
If we do not resolve your privacy complaint to your satisfaction, you may lodge a complaint with…..
If you are in the European Union, you can choose to instead lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority (DPA). The list of DPAs is at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.